Retail Sales Associate Job Description
Responsible for all sales activities and sales associate job duties, from greeting customers, answering questions, offering assistance, suggesting items, lending opinions, and providing product information. Demonstrate outstanding customer service and selling skills.
Keeping the selling floor stocked with merchandise by meticulously restocking items from the stock room. Ensure items are replaced according to merchandised displays. Organizing displays, dusting, and tidying them.
Process purchases in an efficient and friendly manner. Operate cash registers and process payments by cash, debit or credit cards and store gift certificates. Must also be able to deal with customer refunds courteously and professionally. The retail sales assistant maintains a professional attitude with sincerity and enthusiasm reflecting the store's commitment to our customers.
Develops product knowledge by reading the material in the stores operating manual in order to communicate it to the customer. Sales associates must stay current with new products by familiarizing themselves at the beginning of each shift.
Retail sales associate requirements:
- Enthusiastic, friendly, and energetic with a genuine desire to provide outstanding service.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to read, write, and effectively communicate with customers, peers, and management. Excellent telephone etiquette.
- Ability to multitask, while being attentive to customers and remaining flexible to the needs of the business
- Ability to work as part of a team and take initiative independent of direct supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Available to work a 2-3 afternoons during the week and weekends, additional hours during the Christmas season.
- Previous retail experience or similar experience on a sales floor a plus.
Apply in person with a cover letter to Dina Middleton, explaining why you would like to work with us, as well as a current resume.